For the whole family
For Quality & service
From an established team
COVID 19 INFORMATION
Thank you to all our patients for your understanding during this time. We are pleased to say that we continue to provide all our routine services, so please call if you have missed any appointments during this time, if you are having any dental problems or simply to book your routine dental appointment.
Dental services are now classed as essential services and as such are able to remain open throughout this crisis. We always have strict infection prevention protocols in place to keep you and our staff safe. These have been adapted during the pandemic.
We have outlines some of these below to help reassure you all should you be planning a visit to us :-
- We have reduced our capacity has a little to ensure we have time to implement our rigorous cleaning regime. This has meant that there maybe a longer than usual wait for some appointments and appointments.
- Our hygienists are avoiding using the ultra-sonic scaler where possible so appointments may take a little longer in some cases.
- You will need to fill in forms before your appointments which will be sent to you 2 days before your appointment. It is vital these are filled in before you arrive at the practice, failure to do so may mean we have to re-arrange your appointment. The reason for this is again to minimise the amount of time you spend in the practice, reduce any contacts with surfaces and ensure you are safe to enter the building. Please call if you need help with the forms.
- We are minimising the use of the waiting room as much as possible so if you arrive by car, we may ask you to wait until you are called in.
- When you attend for your appointment, we will ask you come alone wherever possible and leave any unnecessary belongings at home or in your car.
- We will ask you to sanitize your hands when you enter the practice and to wear a face covering when you attend your appointment. Failure to do so may result in us having to re book your appointment
- We may ask you to pre-pay for your appointment over the phone, the reason for this is again to minimise the amount of time you spend in the practice and reduce any contacts with surfaces.
- If you do need an aerosol generating procedure (filling, root canal treatment, crown preparation etc) your nurse and dentist will be wearing enhanced PPE, this means they will have a respirator mask as well as gowns and a visor.
It is really important that all your contact details are up to date so please call if we don’t have your most recent email and/mobile number.
Thank you again to you all for your understanding during these challenging times.
From all the team at West Heath Dental Practice.